92-year-old pensioner sentenced to 12 years
Following an investigation by Thames Valley Police, a man has been convicted and sentenced for nine counts of sexual offences against children
Terrence Galligan, aged 92, of Argyle Road, Newbury, was found guilty by a jury at Reading Crown Court of the following:
– Indecency with a child under the age of 14.
– Indecent assault on a girl under the age of 16.
– Buggery on a girl under the age of 16.
– Sexual assault of a child under the age of 13.
– Taking indecent photographs of children.
– Making indecent photographs of children, category A.
– Making indecent photographs of a child, category B.
– Making indecent photographs of children, category C.
– Possession of prohibited images of children.
Galligan was found guilty by unanimous jury following a nine day trial and was sentenced to 12 years’ imprisonment at the same hearing yesterday at Reading Crown Court.
The offences were against two victims between 1971 and 2017 in Kent and Berkshire.
Galligan was arrested on 19 September 2017 and subsequently charged on 27 June 2018.