October 2018

North Berwick man accused of breaching sexual offenders prevention order

A North Berwick man has appeared in court in private accused of breaching a sexual offenders prevention order.

Gordon Sanderson appeared on petition at Edinburgh Sheriff Court last Friday facing three offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 Section 113.

Sanderson, whose address is only given as the North Berwick area, made no plea and was remanded in custody.

No date has been set as yet for the 60-year-old’s next court appearance

Sex offender in custody after approaching and tickling girls in North Berwick

A County sex offender has been remanded in custody after admitting approaching two young children.

Gordon Sanderson, prisoner of Edinburgh Prison, met up with two young girls and hugged and tickled them during several meetings over a nine-month period.

Sanderson, who the court heard had been placed on the sex offenders’ register in September last year, was under special conditions not to approach, speak to or communicate with children under the age of 16.

But the 58-year-old repeatedly approached and spoke to the 10-year-old and 12-year-old youngsters at various locations in North Berwick.

Sanderson also admitted to repeatedly attempting to gain entry to a woman’s home, loitering outside her home and staring into her property earlier this year. He also sent her uninvited social media requests and repeatedly undertook tasks for her without being asked to do so.

Sanderson appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court last Tuesday, where he was remanded in custody after admitting the charges against him.

He will be sentenced at the city court this coming Wednesday.

Sanderson pleaded guilty to repeatedly approaching, speaking to and communicating with two girls and repeatedly hugging and tickling them at various locations within North Berwick between September 10 last year and June 27.

He also admitted to causing a woman fear and alarm by attending a home in the town, repeatedly attempting to gain entry, loitering outside the home and staring into the property, sending uninvited social media requests and repeatedly carrying out tasks for the woman without being asked to do so between April 30 and June 15 this year.