Pervert sentenced for sexual offences
A man has today, Friday, 1 February, been jailed for multiple sexual offences committed over a 30-year period.
Michael Murphy, 72, (28.03.46) of Barriedale, Brockley, Lewisham was sentenced to 16 years’ imprisonment at Woolwich Crown Court following a three-week trial.
Murphy was found guilty of ten offences, relating to three female victims, who were all known to him. The offences were:
– Four counts of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 16yrs;
– Two count of gross indecency with a girl under the age of 16yrs;
– One count of Making indecent photographs/pseudo-photograph of a child;
– One count of Rape of a Child under 13;
– Two counts of sexual activity with a child.