January 2019

Jail for Scone jeweller found with thousands of sickening child sex abuse videos and photos

An online retailer was jailed for a year yesterday after being caught with more than 250 hours of sickening child sexual abuse videos.

Married father-of-three Clive Price was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years after a court heard he had been secretly watching the videos for seven years.

When his home was raided by police, the web-based jewellery retailer admitted having a hoard of child abuse images, but told officers: “It’s not that serious.”

However, Perth Sheriff Court was told that a third of the videos were in the most serious category of sadomasochistic abuse of young children.

Sheriff Gillian Wade told Price: “This is an offence which has been committed over a seven-year period. You were knowingly committing an offence against real children who were being abused in a horrific way somewhere in the world.

“This was not a one-off incident. We are looking at a campaign of deliberate viewing over a very considerable period. You are a persistent offender who only recently got caught.

“It took until you were caught for you to address your offending behaviour. You have shown limited insight and were only interested in how this was going to affect you and your family.”

Solicitor Mark Harrower, defending, said: “He has hurt his wife beyond belief. His family are not speaking to him. He is a disgraced man in the community. He is deeply ashamed.”

The court heard how the 61-year-old had built up a haul of videos featuring children as young as five over a number of years and had taken copies of hundreds of videos.

He admitted downloading child abuse images from February 2 2009 to November 25 2017.

Depute fiscal John Malpass said police received intelligence which led them to seek a warrant and when they raided Price’s home they found illicit images and videos on several devices and memory sticks.

Mr Malpass said the material was stored alongside paperwork relating to the business Price ran and he freely admitted he had been viewing child abuse images.

Price, of Perth Road, Scone, told police: “I have webcam videos of young girls. It’s not that serious. My wife knows nothing about this.”

Mr Malpass said the various devices were examined by police and they found a photograph of Price himself along with numerous business documents and child abuse images.

“The material showed male and female children aged from five to 16. There were a number of category A images.

“Across all of the devices there was a total of 1,926 still images and 1,067 videos containing indecent footage of children. The videos had a combined running time of over 250 hours and 19 minutes.”

November 2018

Child abuse images found after Scone house raid

Police discovered a mountain of vile indecent images – and videos – of children, some as young as five, after they raided a self-employed jewellery salesman’s home near Perth.

Officers went to 61-year-old married man Clive Price’s house in Perth Road, Scone, on January 12, 2018, after receiving “confidential information.”

He voluntarily told them: “I have webcam videos of young girls. It’s not that serious.”

He was then cautioned and added: “I know why you are here and I will co-operate.

“I have shown you the two devices – the rest are clean.”

But officers went on to remove FIVE different devices – a Samsung Notebook, a Toshiba Hard Drive, an Avita USB Stick, a Seagate Hard Drive 1 and a Black and Silver USB – from his property.

All contained disgusting images of child abuse which had been downloaded over a period of more than eight years.

Depute fiscal John Malpass told Perth Sheriff Court this week: “Over all of these devices, a total of 1926 indecent images of children and 1067 videos containing indecent images of children were recovered.”

The videos had a combined running time of more than 10 days – 250 hours and 19 minutes in total.

A total of 1045 of the videos were “accessible,” as were 1447 of the still images.

Of the accessible videos, 357 were classed as category A, the most depraved, 217 were category B and 471 category C.

Of the accessible still images, 408 were class A, 42 class B and 997 class C.

Some of the images dated back to February 2, 2009, with the most recent created on November 25, 2017.

Twelve videos were recovered from the Samsung Notebook,.

From the Toshiba Hard Drive, police recovered 918 indecent still images of children and 471 indecent videos of children.

They showed male and female children aged between five and 16.

A total of nine indecent still images of children and 56 indecent videos of children were recovered from the Avita USB Stick while 937 indecent still images of children and 461 indecent videos of children were contained on the SEagate Hard Drive 1.

Most of the user accessible content on the Black and Silver USB was either personal pictures or a variety of adult or child pornography.

A total of 62 indecent still images of children and 67 indecent videos of children were recovered.

Price admitted that between February 2, 2009, and November 25, 2017, at his home in Scone, he took, or permitted to be taken – or made – indecent photographs of children.

His name has now been added to the Sex Offenders Register and he will discover his fate on January 3, 2019, after a community justice social work report – and Tay Project risk assessment are prepared.

His bail was continued meantime, along with any special conditions.

After being cautioned by officers who went to the home of the self-employed retailer who sells jewellery online, Price said: “I cannot hide anything.

“You must be in situations like this a lot – my wife knows nothing about this.

“It’s normally the men who look at this kind of thing.”

Granting him bail meantime but emphasising that didn’t tie her hands regarding future disposal, Sheriff Gillian Wade added: “These are real children – and this is real abuse.”

She concluded: “Be under no illusions I view this very seriously.”

The length of time his name remains on the sex register will be determined in January.