October 2018

Paedophile to be moved to Dublin

Image may contain: 1 person, glasses and close-up

A homeless pervert, who was sent back to jail this week, is set to be dispatched to Dublin on his release.

The move comes because there are no facilities in Cork to monitor him

Vile Michael Wyse, 56, from the Watercourse Road area of Cork city, was returned to prison on Thursday for breaking the conditions of the Sex Offenders Act.

Wyse was convicted by a jury in November 2014 of sexually assaulting a five-year-old child.

He was a teenager at the time and was babysitting the little girl when he attacked her.

He was also convicted in another case of sexually assaulting a four year old boy multiple times over a three year period.

The female victim told how she needed drugs to help her get through her wedding day.

She told a court: “I had to take anti-depressants to get through my special day. I was afraid people would see something and recognise that I was a sexual assault victim.”

Wyse received a three-year sentence but when he was released from prison he was made homeless. He has 24 previous convictions including 13 for serious sexual offences.

On Thursday, Bantry District Court was told Wyse had been homeless in Cork City and had then moved to West Cork.

He was charged with failing to comply with the terms of the Sex Offenders Act 2001 on a date unknown between September 14 and 26 last.

The court heard he entered a guilty plea in the circuit court last December relating to a similar breach of the conditions and had received a two-month jail term.

Wyse will likely be sent north to the capital on his release as officials in Cork can’t monitor him