November 2018

Ardrossan man who raped teen girls jailed for 10 years

A sex predator who raped an underage teenage girl after claiming she made sexual advances to him when she was sleepwalking was jailed for more than 10 years today (Thursday, November 9).

Allen Morrison lied to the victim that she had taken off her clothes and made sexual remarks and later told her he filmed her.

He said he did this to protect himself and the girl believed that he meant to show the videos to the police.

He told her that she might have a disorder called sexsomnia and that he could help her overcome it.

Morrison appeared at court from custody, having previously pled guilty to two charges of rape. He was remanded by Judge Lord Boyd at the High Court in Glasgow early last month and sentence had been deferred for reports.

Advocate depute Kath Harper said today: “The accused also made her watch pornographic videos. He told her that her sleep walking would get worse if she didn’t do this.”

Morrison got the girl to perform sex acts on him claiming she needed to do them to help her stop abusing him and went on to have sex with her as his offending escalated .

Morrison, 54, also began abusing a second girl when she was underage and went on to rape her.

But his first victim found out about it and decided to speak up about the ordeal she was subjected to by the offender. Police were contacted and Morrison was detained.

Police recovered 92 images of child sexual exploitation featuring the two girls he subjected to a catalogue of abuse.

Morrison, a former cook at Cumnerhall care home in Ayr, began the abuse after his cancer stricken wife was taken into hospital prior to her death.

He earlier admitted assaulting one girl from the age of 14 and raping her between March 2013 and August 2017.

Morrison, a prisoner in Glasgow’s Barlinnie jail, also pled guilty to assaulting and raping the second girl from the age of 15 between October 2017 and June this year. Both offences were committed at his home in Ardrossan

A judge told Morrison at the High Court in Edinburgh: “This was a sustained course of evil and criminal conduct.”

Lord Boyd of Duncansby said: “No one who heard the narrative of your offences could have failed to have been struck by the cruelty. I use that word quite deliberately.”

The judge said he had read victim impact statements prepared in the case and said the victims “have been substantially effected in ways that will in all probability stay with them for the rest of their lives”.

He told Morrison that he would be jailed for a total of 10 years and eight months and would be on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.

October 2018

Pervert guilty of attacking young girls

A sexual predator who attacked a schoolgirl in Ayrshire the night after his wife died from cancer told her she was the one abusing HIM.

Allen Morrison repeatedly targeted the girl shortly after his wife had gone into hospital telling her if she told anyone his wife would get sicker.

The 54 year-old care home cook convinced her she was abusing him in her sleep and that he had recorded her to “protect himself”.

Sick Morrison told the youngster – aged 14 when the attacks started – that she was suffering from a condition called “sexsomnia”.

The crimes occurred at Morrison’s home in Ardrossan, North Ayrshire.

The victim was often there and Morrison started abusing her in the summer of 2013.

Prosecutor Kath Harper explained: “He informed the girl that she had been sleepwalking and had made sexual advances to him in her sleep.

“She could not recall this and became upset. Morrison told her that she may have a disorder called sexsomnia.”

Morrison said the teenager should then meet his sick demands “to help her stop abusing him in her sleep”.

He ordered the girl not to tell anyone as his wife’s illness would “get worse” and he would “end up in prison”.

His wife passed away in September 2013 and the sick pervert abused the teenager the very next night.

But, it later emerged Morrison had also abused another teenage girl.

Both victims then bravely went to police in June this year leading to the sex attacker being snared.

Morrison is now behind bars after he pled guilty to two rapes charges at the High Court in Glasgow today/yesterday.

The serial rapist showed no emotion as he was lead handcuffed to cells pending sentencing next month.

Morrison raped the first year victim after she told him “regularly” she did not want to have sex.

The attacks finally ended in August 2017.

In June this year, police were alerted after it was revealed Morrison had preyed on another young girl.

She was 15 when Morrison first struck. This involved the traumatised girl apparently being “punished”.

Morrison claimed he had “pictures” of the youngster, who was also raped.

The abuse – which started in last October – ended in June this year.
Police soon held Morrison, who made no comment.

Officers went on to discover 92 photos of “sexual exploitation” of both teenagers on a number of devices at his house.

It was later found the first victim had made a Google search in January this year stating: “I was sexually abused from 14 until 18 years of age”.

Judge Lord Boyd remanded Morrison in custody.

Sentencing was deferred for reports until November 9 in Edinburgh.