Jail for Rugby man who sexually abused young girl
A Rugby man who raped and sexually assaulted a young girl has been jailed for 16-and-a-half years.
Carlos Mendez, 53, of Murray Road, Rugby, was sentenced after previously pleading guilty to:
– Two counts of raping a child
– Three counts of sexual activity with a child
– One count of attempted buggery
– One count of making an indecent image of a child
– Two counts of sexual activity with a child
– One count of indecent assault
– One count of committing gross indecency.
At Warwickshire Crown Court he was jailed for 16 and a half years for the offences which occurred in the 2000’s when the victim was aged between 11 and 15.
Judge Anthony Potter jailed Mendez and ordered him to register as a sex offender for life