March 2018

Teen rapist who attacked 13-year-old girl in Glasgow woods after with plying her with booze finally UNMASKED after fire rampage

A teen rapist can finally be unmasked after he started fires at the secure unit where he was being held.

Andrew Brolly’s sick sex attack three years ago can now be revealed after the beast turned 18 while behind bars.

Andrew Brolly can be unmasked after turning 18

He was caged for three years in 2015 for raping a 13-year-old girl in woods in Pollok, Glasgow, when he was aged just 14.

The mother of Brolly’s victim said at the time she was “disgusted” by the sentence as he would serve only a fraction of it before being released.

Brolly was released on licence in September 2016, having served just 18 months of his sentence, before he was hauled back to custody after breaching his licence conditions.

He was taken to Rossie Young Person’s Trust in Montrose, Angus, in March last year to serve out the remainder of his sentence having been free for just six months.

But raging Brolly flipped – trashing the unit and twice setting fires that led to mass evacuations and major damage because he was demanding to be transferred to Polmont.

Fiscal depute Eilidh Robertson told Dundee Sheriff Court the two blazes had caused “extensive damage” worth £34,195.98.

She said on the night of the first fire Brolly had told a manager at the unit: “I am going to set fire to this place so you better get me paper.”

Ms Robertson added: “The manager refused so he went in to his en suite and set fire to a piece of cardboard in there before moving bedding in to the en suite and allowing it to catch fire, too.

“Two days later he was in a lounge area when he began to rip a sofa before he removed a metal bar from inside it and started repeatedly hitting a television.

“He was asked to hand over the metal bar but he then jumped on top of the TV and tried to smash the ceiling lights before jumping off and swinging the bar towards the manager.

“The lounge was evacuated and police called. He moved furniture to effectively barricade himself in and struck a TV, DVD player and Freeview box damaging them beyond repair and threw paint over the walls, ceiling, furnishings and windows.”

A week later Brolly started another even bigger blaze.

Ms Robertson added: “Residents were able to be evacuated very quickly. There was faeces on the lit mattress which contaminated firefighters’ clothing and breathing apparatus.”

Brolly, 18, a prisoner at Polmont, pled guilty to setting the two blazes, attacking a staff member and vandalising the unit.

Defence solicitor Christopher Boyle said: “He will remain in custody pending reports being prepared. He does not have any identifiable mental disorder.”

Sheriff Alastair Brown deferred sentence until next month for social work background reports and remanded Brolly in custody meantime.