February 2018

Sex pest who continued to see children despite court order given reprieve

A PROLIFIC sex offender who three times flouted a court order banning him from contacting children has been given a reprieve after agreeing to complete a course to tackle his offending.

Oliver Fitzroy, of North Street, Bicester, had already been made subject to a sexual harm prevention order on May 16 2015 preventing him from having any contact with children.

It comes after the 64-year old was convicted of a number of offences dating back to 1974 including inciting a child to engage in sexual activity and attempted buggery.

At his sentencing for the latest breaches at Oxford Crown Court on Friday prosecutors said that Fitzroy had flouted the court order on three occasions between June 1 2016 and September 7 2017.

Henry James told the court that on each occasion Fitzroy had engaged in conversation with boys who were under the age of 16 and did not disclose that he was forbidden to do so.

On one occasion, the court heard, he invited a boy to his home in order to collect language books after he befriended the boy’s mother.

Fitzroy has since embarked on a course aimed at tackling his sex offending but is yet to complete it.

Hearing an application from his defence team to adjourn sentencing for three-months while he finishes the course Recorder Nigel Daly agreed that it would be a chance for him to prove himself capable of obeying the court.

He said: “I will not make any promises at all because you keep breaching this order and you keep behaving like this.

“These orders are their to protect children and I am concerned primarily with protecting children.

“Breaching orders of the court is very serious. When you breach orders the court does not like it and you will be sent to prison.

“I will see how you get on with the course.”

Fitzroy will again appear before Oxford Crown Court for his sentencing on May 3.

Advertisements