Ebbw Vale man jailed for string of sexual offences on four victims
A MAN who committed sexual and indecent assaults for more than a decade has been jailed by a judge.
Christopher Snell appeared in Cardiff Crown Court on Thursday after pleading guilty to indecent assault and sexual assault.
The 42-year-old, of Tothill Street, Ebbw Vale, made a suicide attempt before a plea and trial preparation hearing earlier this year, the court heard.
Prosecutor Ruth Smith said the offences – some of which involved teenagers – took place between 2003 and 2016.
In outlining her case, she read out statements from all four victims.
One victim described themselves as “crumbling” and being an “emotional wreck” while another said they had developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Judge Tracey Lloyd-Clarke sentenced Snell to eight years in prison referencing the number of victims and the time span of the offences.
Snell must serve half of his sentence before being released on licence, will be banned from working with children in future and will be listed on the sex offenders register for life.