Stewarton rapist jailed after having sex with underage girls he met on Facebook
A Stewarton rapist who had sex with underage girls after meeting them on Facebook is behind bars.
Glasgow High Court heard how teenager Mark Woods regularly met up with the three youngsters — including one who was only 12 — and had sex with them.
The first time was when the child travelled to meet Woods at the home he shared with his parents. After it happened again, the youngster had to visit a sexual-health clinic to get a morning after pill.
Lord Beckett heard how the 19-year-old had sex with her after playing computer games between April 2015 and March this year.
Woods has now been locked up for three years and four months having previously admitted raping the 12 year-old. He also admitted charges of having underage sex with two other girls.
A hearing was told how Woods struck up an “online friendship” with the child before going onto having an eight-month “sexual relationship,” despite her age.
The court also heard how the pervert got the schoolgirl to take an indecent video and photos of herself.
A second child — aged 13 initially — got a friend request on Facebook from Woods in September 2015 before he went onto have sexual contact with her on an almost “weekly basis” for the next 14 months.
This happened at both Woods’ home and where the girl lived — and included him having “consensual” sex with her in September 2016.
The final girl was aged 13-14 when she got to know Woods via the social media site. In November 2015, they started regularly sending private messages to each other.
This included Woods stating the girl was “fit” and asking did she do “pics”. She went on to tell him that she was 14.
Undeterred, Woods asked the girl if she wanted to have sex with him, which happened on November 25, 2015. The pair had sex again in early 2017.
Woods first faced charges in September 2016 and was later freed on bail by a sheriff.
But he flouted the special bail conditions preventing him contacting the girls, again messaging one of them — he was subsequently remanded in March this year.
Brian McConnachie QC, defending, said Woods had realised his actions were “wrong”.
Lord Beckett told Woods: “I have come to the conclusion that there is no other suitable sentence than one of detention.”
The teenager will be supervised for a further three years upon his release and will be on the sex offenders list indefinitely.