October 2017

Former jockey sentenced for sexually assaulting teenage boy

A jockey who sexually assaulted a vulnerable teenage boy has been given a suspended sentence.

Thomas Forster, 33, of Box Lane, Minchinhampton, was given a 15 month jail term suspended for two years at Gloucester Crown Court on Wednesday.

Forster was also placed on the sex offender register for 10 years and a two year sexual harm prevention order was imposed.

The offence, which Forster admitted, happened while he shared a bed with the teenager at a friend’s house on January 10, 2015.

Prosecutor Virginia Cornwall said the victim was now 18 but had learning difficulties which meant his real age was much younger.

The court heard that during the night Forest tried to kiss the boy and then sexually assaulted him.

Ms Cornwall said Forster’s victim made a statement last month saying the offence had had a ‘significant effect’ on him.

He does not like being alone and even worries about going to the bathroom on his own.

He has flashbacks of the incident, finds it difficult to go anywhere near where the offence happened, and feels he is being watched, she added.

Advertisements