October 2017

Come Dine With Me winner admits having sex with her friend’s 15-year-old son

A COME Dine with Me winner has admitted having sex with her pal’s 15-year-old son.

Mum-of-three Lucy Haughey, 37, arranged via Facebook for the schoolboy to come to her house for sex in June 2016.

Haughey, who scooped the £1,000 prize after she won an episode of the Channel 4 cooking show, confessed to a pal online that she was a “bad person”.

She said: “I’m glad it was me and not a skinny, skanky 15-year-old schemy.”

But the friend told the boy’s mum and he broke down when confronted about what happened.

Haughey, of Glasgow, appeared at the city’s sheriff court today where she admitted engaging in sexual activity with the 15-year-old.

The court heard Haughey was friends with the boy’s mother and often visited the house when he was in.

Procurator fiscal depute Claire Whyte said in June 2016 Haughey made arrangements with the boy via Facebook that they “would meet up at her home address during June 25 and have sex together”.

She said the teenager told his mum he was “going to play football” and made his way to Haughey’s house.

Miss Whyte added: “They sat talking together for some time before Haughey asked the witness to go in to her bedroom with her.

“The accused then asked the witness top it on the bed.”

They had sex in her bedroom and the teenager later left.

Months later while speaking to another friend on Facebook messenger, Haughey admitted what had happened.

When asked if the boy’s mother knew Haughey, who appeared on Come Dine with Me aired in January, said “She can’t ever know.”

She told her friend: “He wanted introduced, I’m an expert, it happened.”

Haughey claimed the teenager wanted it again but she turned him down.

And she told her pal “He had a crush on me but I also had a lot of respect for him. I’m glad it was me and not a skinny, skanky 15-year-old schemy.”

She asked the friend to delete their internet conversation.

Miss Whyte added: “The disclosure made did not sit well with her, she contacted the boy’s mother via Facebook.”

When confronted about this, the teenager “broke down and started crying and also admitted to having sex with the accused”.

The matter was later reported to the police and Haughey was interviewed but mostly said “no comment”.

Sheriff Barry Divers deferred sentence until a later date and put Haughey on the Sex Offenders’ register.

Earlier this year Haughey was given a community payback order after trolling her then boyfriend’s ex partner.

She trolled Sharon Low between June 2015 and May 2016, bombarding her with threatening and abusive messages leaving her terrified and humiliated.

Sheriff Linda Ruxton handed Haughey a community payback order with the condition she must do 250 hours unpaid work within eight months and granted a two-year non-harassment order.

 

Advertisements