August 2017

Paedophile jailed for abusing his third victim – a six-year-old boy

A convicted paedophile is back behind bars after admitting the systematic abuse of a young boy.

50-year-old Alan Blakemore from Parsons Close, Long Sutton, had been due to go on trial at Taunton Crown Court earlier this week, but at the last minute entered guilty pleas to two charges of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under the age of 13.

He also admitted three charges of sexual assault against a child under the age of 13 and two charges of inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity, all taking place between January 2006 and January 2008.

He also admitted two charges of sexual assault on a child under the age of 13, taking place between January 2008 and January 2012, and one charge of causing or inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activities during the same dates.

Two charges of rape were also ordered to lie on file.

Prosecuting, Ray Tully told the court Blakemore had abused the boy between the ages of six and nine years old.

“It happened on four or five occasions, between 2006 and 2012,” he said. “It came to light when the victim made disclosures to his girlfriend, who encouraged him to tell the authorities.”

The court heard that Blakemore had told the boy he would do a ‘magic trick’.

What followed was a series of sickening sexual assaults which the victim described in extremely graphic detail to the police in April last year.

“When arrested, Blakemore denied the allegations,” Mr Tully said. “But he changed his position on the morning of trial.”

Mr Tully added that Blakemore had previously been jailed for two and a half years in 2013 after being found guilty of sexual assaults against two other boys, both aged under the age of 13.

Judge David Ticehurst told Blakemore: “Your barrister has argued that the life you have managed to establish will be taken away from you.”

The judge started to read from the victim’s personal statement, in which he spoke about the psychological trauma he has suffered since being abused and the effect it has had on his life.

“That’s your victims’ life. A life you have taken apart as a result of the systematic abuse you have put him thought.

“Over a period of five years you abused him, he was between six and nine years old, you were a man in your forties.

“The effects of your abuse of him are substantial. You are undoubtedly a paedophile with a sexual attraction to young boys, and you are a danger to them.”

Blakemore was handed a total sentence of four-and-a-half years in jail and made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for the rest of his life.

He was also given a restraining order prohibiting him from contacting the victim again, and will be on the sexual offender’s register for the rest of his life.

August 2017

Long Sutton man sexually abused young boy

A long Sutton man has been told he will go to jail on Wednesday after admitting a series of sexual abuse against a young boy.

50-year-old Alan Blakemore from Parsons Close, Long Sutton, had been due to go on trial at Taunton Crown Court today.

But this morning he entered guilty pleas to two charges of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under the age of 13.

He also admitted three charges of sexual assault against a child under the age of 13 and two charges of inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activity, all taking place between January 15 2006 and January 15 2008.

He also admitted two charges of sexual assault on a child under the age of 13, taking place between 15 January 2008 and 15 January 2012, and one charge of causing or inciting a child under the age of 13 to engage in sexual activities during the same dates.

Two charges of rape were also ordered to lie on file.

The court heard that Blakemore had previously served a prison sentence for similar matters, but no further details were given during the short hearing.

Blakemore will be back before the court on Wednesday this week and has been warned he will be going jail.

Judge David Ticehurst told him: “You have two days to put your affairs in order, before the inevitable custodial sentence is handed down.”

Advertisements