June 2017

Paedophile hunters catch 59-year-old grooming 13-year-old girls

This is the moment paedophile hunters confront a man who had been sending sexually explicit messages to fake Facebook profiles that he believed belonged to two 13-year-old girls.

Members of the group – Guardians of the North – tracked Carl Anthony, aged 59, to his home in Lake Avenue, in Loscoe near Heanor, Derbyshire, where they challenged him about the conversations.

The video has emerged after Anthony was handed a three-year community order and was banned from making contact with girls under the age of 18 at Nottingham Crown Court on Friday.

The court heard that the 59-year-old sent a series of sexually explicit messages to profiles set up by the group from August 2016 onward.

Gareth Gimson, prosecuting, read examples of messages Anthony sent to a ‘girl’ he believed was 13-years-old.

He asked the ‘girl’ if she had ‘ever tried sex before’ and if she would want to ‘try sex’ but added that it would not be with him.

Mr Gimson also told the court that Anthony asked the ‘girl’ if she’d like him to ‘kiss’ her breasts but ended the conversation and said he did not ‘want to embarrass’ her when she replied saying she ‘would be a bit shy’.

Details of how or when Anthony came to be arrested were not discussed in court but the judge was told that he made a full admission to police.

He had pleaded guilty to two counts of attempting to incite a girl under the age of 13 in sexual activity.

Sentencing him, the judge said: ‘You, it is right to say, did not ever ask any of these fictitious children to perform any sort of penetrative act on the screen.

‘You did not, as so many do, ask to meet any of these children. To the contrary, when the conversation started to go in that direction of that sort of thing, you chose to end it quite properly. 

It shows that at least part of you was thinking sensibly, but not all of you.’

He continued: ‘You have let yourself down. Don’t do it again. Go back to being the man you were before and let’s not see you back in this court again.’

Anthony, who had no previous convictions, was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register. 

Advertisements