May 2017

Former Deeside man jailed for 15 years over persistent sexual abuse of girl

A former Deeside man has been jailed for 15 years for repeatedly sexually abusing a girl.

Nathan Hof, who was of Connah’s Quay at the time, had been found guilty by a Mold Crown Court jury of seven sexual assaults.

On Friday at Caernarfon Crown Court, Judge Tracey Lloyd-Clarke said the 30-year-old defendant had “persistently sexually abused” the girl – then accused her of lying.

He must register as a sex offender for life and a sexual harm prevention order was made.

The judge said there were aggravating features to the case and Hof, who denied the allegations, was “an offender of particular concern”.

Prosecuting counsel Karl Scholz outlined the impact of the abuse on the victim.

Advertisements