Uckfield paeodophile is behind bars after a sex offence sting
An Uckfield pervert is behind bars after pleading guilty to seven counts of serious sexual offences, many of which were against young children.
John Bartram, of Furnace Way, pleading guilty to three counts of making indecent images of children, three of voyeurism and one of taking indecent images of children.
The 61-year-old, of Furnace Way, was also given a Sexual Harm Prevention order for ten years when he appeared at Lewes Crown Court on Tuesday (April 25).
This will severely restrict his access to children and computers. He will also be registered as a sex offender for the next decade.
Detective Constable Martin Harmer, of the Sussex Police Paedophile On-Line Investigation Team (POLIT), investigated the case said intelligence led officers to his home where he was found to making the indecent images.
DC Harmer said: “We went to Bartram’s address and arrested him in November 2015, following intelligence that he was making indecent images of children available on-line.
“The forensic examination found a large number of indecent images and videos of children including over 300 images in the most serious category, all taken from the Internet.
“But the examination also found that he had been covertly taking indecent images and videos of four people known to him, including a teenage girl.
“Mr Bartram refused to acknowledge the harm of his covert recordings and tried to blame the police for hurting those victims by tracing them and disclosing the facts to them, which we have an obvious responsibility to do.”
In sentencing Judge Christine Laing said: “This was a gross abuse of trust, particularly with regards to the vulnerable child. You have failed to understand the breach of trust and blamed the police for disclosing to them.”
Martin Harmer added: “These were serious offences and those who are minded to engage in this type of activity should be aware that we actively look for them and that there will be legal consequences.”