Lewis Walker – Rugby

May 2017

Man asked 14 year-old girl for sex


A YOUTH who tried to persuade a 14-year-old girl to have sex with him while he was already on bail for having sex with two 13-year-old girls has walked free from court.

Lewis Walker was told it was only because the offences took place in 2015 that he was not being jailed – even though the delay was partly because he had denied two of the charges.

He only changed his pleas to guilty on two charges of sexual activity with a child following his arrest after failing to turn up for his trial at Warwick Crown Court in February.

The 19 year-old, until recently of Saltisford, Warwick, had previously admitted two charges of making indecent images of children and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

He was given a three-year community sentence and ordered to take part in a sex offender programme for up to 100 days and a rehabilitation activity for 40 days – and to register as a sex offender for two-and-a-half years.

Prosecutor Ben Gow said when Walker was arrested he admitted the first girl had told him she was 13, but claimed he believed both girls were 16.

He said she had asked him to have sex with her and he had said ‘go on then’ – but he then claimed they had not done so and had only kissed.

The police seized his phone, and when they examined it they found web searches showing an interest in under-age girls as well as 11 indecent images of girls aged from 11 to 15.

Walker was granted bail, and in September a girl he was dating lent him her new phone.

But when he returned it, because she believed he had been cheating on her, she checked for messages – and found a Facebook chat in which he had asked a 14-year-old girl to meet him for sex.

But that girl’s response had questioned why would she want to have sex with him, added Mr Gow.

Lee Masters, defending, said after entering his guilty pleas Walker had been subjected to ‘abuse and physical intimidation’ to the extent that the police helped him to move.

But he lost that address when he was remanded in custody in early April when he was arrested for failing to attend court, and the probation service would be providing him with a list of emergency accommodation.

March 2017

Teenager facing jail over indecent images and sex with two 13-year-old girls

A youth who had sex with two 13-year-old girls has finally admitted his guilt – a day after failing to turn up for his trial at Warwick Crown Court.

R had pleaded guilty at the court last year to two charges of possessing indecent images of children and one of causing or inciting a 14-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity.

But Walker, 19, formerly of Newbold Road, Rugby, pleaded not guilty to two further charges of sexual activity with a child in relation to him having intercourse with two 13-year-olds.

Those matters were adjourned for trial and Lewis, who was told the date of the trial, was granted bail.

When he failed to turn up for the trial this week, Judge Andrew Lockhart QC issued a warrant for his arrest.

The police quickly tracked him down to an address in Deansway on the Woodloes estate in Warwick, and he was arrested and taken to the court where he was remanded in custody overnight.

The following day Judge Lockhart outlined: “The door was answered by a man called Ryan who was reluctant to say who was in the house.

“The officers entered and went upstairs where they found the defendant climbing out of a wardrobe.

“He was brought before me, and I spoke to him, and he said he did not know about yesterday.

“I said he would be remanded in custody overnight, and he then called me a ‘f***ing p**ck,’” said the judge, who pointed out that on the face of it, that was a contempt of court.

Lee Masters, defending, said: “When I spoke to Mr Walker in the cells he, without any prompting, wished to apologise.”

After Walker had had the two charges of sexual activity with a child put to him again and changed his pleas to guilty, Mr Masters said there was a pre-sentence report on him, not dealing with those matters, which had taken place in 2015.

Judge Lockhart commented: “This is a man who has taken or is in possession of photographs of young children and has then had intercourse with two girls of 13.”

Ben Gow, prosecuting, pointed out: “I don’t think the Crown can say he took the photographs.”

But the judge remarked: “Even if he didn’t take those photographs, he goes to a house and, under a duvet, has sex with one 13-year-old girl, and when she leaves the room, has sex with the other.”

He said that “in all likelihood it will be a custodial sentence” but agreed to adjourn for a new pre-sentence report.

Mr Masters said there were some deleted Facebook messages and some texts which showed the two girls ‘were determined to have sexual intercourse with a boy that day.’

“He accepts he should not have had sex with those girls, but they were not unwilling and had actually planned to have sexual intercourse that day.”

Mr Masters said he would also obtain a medical report on Walker, who he said has been undergoing treatment for depression.

That led Judge Lockhart to remark: “He didn’t seem very depressed to me yesterday afternoon.

“Yesterday he struck me as an aggressive, violent young man, and that’s how he behaved, and the girls in their interviews speak of that.”

But despite Walker’s failure to attend for his trial, Judge Lockhart granted him bail with conditions that he lives at his current address in Saltisford, Warwick, where he is subject to an 11pm to 7am curfew, and that he has no contact with the girls in the case or unsupervised contact with any child under 16.



Comments are closed.