Paedophile locked up for 21 years for ‘depraved and harrowing’ child sex abuse
A PERVERT who committed ‘horrific and vile’ child sex abuse was jailed for 21 years today.
Paul Scott, 63, had arranged for groups of men to visit a house in Bedfordshire to rape a young boy on many occasions.
Judge Stuart Bridge told him that the jury at Luton Crown Court had heard an account that was ‘depraved and harrowing’.
He said: “You were cold, callous and calculating. Some of the men involved finally told you it had to stop and called you a monster. They were absolutely right.”
Scott, from Wickenfields, Ware, had pleaded not guilty to seven charges involving the rape of a child under 13. He was found guilty of six of them after a trial in October. He pleaded guilty to possessing indecent images of children and breaching a Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
During the trial the jury heard the offences spanned a number of years, possibly as many as three, ending in 2009.
They came to light when the boy made a complaint earlier this year. He told investigators that he had been given something to make him sleepy before the abuse took place.
Marion Smullen, defending told the court on Friday. “The defendant maintains very strongly that he is not guilty. Obviously he is going to prison for a very lengthy time and it will not be a soft option for him.”
She said he had been on remand at Bedford prison when riots broke out, and his wing had been targeted by rioters. “It was a very frightening situation for him.”
She said he had been moved to Nottingham prison after the riot.
After the case Detective Sergeant Colin Nelson said: “This abhorrent individual inflicted unimaginable horror on an innocent child. He facilitated the rape of a young child on multiple occasions just to fulfil his own sick fantasies.
“He showed no remorse for this horrific and vile sex abuse, denying it completely and forcing the victim to undergo the further emotional trauma of a trial.”
Scott had been jailed in 2011 to three years and nine months in prison for making, possessing and distributing images of child abuse.
Pervert guilty of ‘horrific and vile’ child sex abuse
A man has been found guilty of committing “horrific and vile” child sex abuse.
Paul Scott, 63, from Wickenfields, Ware, was convicted on Friday (October 7) at Luton Crown Court on eight counts of child sexual abuse offences.
During the trial, the jury heard how he would arrange for groups of men to rape the child at a house in Bedfordshire.
The offences spanned a number of years up until 2009.
Detective Sergeant Colin Nelson said: “This abhorrent individual inflicted unimaginable horror on an innocent child.
He facilitated the rape of a young child on multiple occasions just to fulfil his own sick fantasies.
“He showed no remorse for this horrific and vile sex abuse, denying it completely and forcing the victim to undergo the further emotional trauma of a trial.
“I’m glad that Scott has been found guilty today and I hope that his punishment will reflect the severity of his disgusting actions.”
He man was found guilty of six counts of rape and had pleaded guilty to possessing indecent images of children prior to the start of the trial.
Scott also pleaded guilty to having breached a sexual offences prevention order imposed following a previous conviction for possessing indecent images, for which he served two years in prison from 2011 to 2013.
Scott will be sentenced on Friday, November 11 at Luton Crown Court.