September 2016

‘Dangerous’ paedophile jailed for life after sex attacks on two schoolgirls


A “dangerous” paedophile has been jailed for life after raping one 12-year-old girl in Enfield and sexually assaulting another.

Apedelrazek Badran, 33, had only been out of prison for a few months following a previous nine-year sentence for rape when he committed the offences.

He now faces at least eight years and four months behind bars before he can even be considered for release.

Investigating Officer Detective Constable Lee Ranson said Badran is “one of the most dangerous offenders” he has ever prosecuted and another detective said “the streets are safer without him”.

Badran, of Hadrian’s Drive, Enfield, was found guilty at Wood Green Crown Court in August of raping a schoolgirl in January after pretending to be a security guard.

The court heard how he told her she fitted the description of a shoplifter and he needed to search her.

As he approached her she had been on the phone to her mother, who rushed to the scene in terror but could not find her daughter.

An hour earlier he told another schoolgirl, also 12, that he was a police officer and planned to arrest her before attempting to force her into a nearby van.

He grabbed her wrists but she managed to escape. The jury was shown CCTV of her running in the street with Badran following on his bike.

He was also found guilty of three charges of breaching a Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

In 2003, Badran, aged 20, was jailed for raping a nine-year-old girl in east London after he was caught by a DNA test.

He assaulted the youngster after spotting her fishing at a canal near the Hackney Marshes nature reserve

March 2012

Paedophile raped nine-year-old girl

A paedophile has been jailed for nine years for the brutal rape of a nine-year-old girl.

Apedelrazek Badran, 20, saw the girl fishing in a canal and lured her to a secluded spot where he attacked her.

Afterwards, he threatened to shoot her if she told anyone, although he did not produce a gun.

The girl was on the bank of a canal close to a nature reserve at Hackney Marshes, east London, when Badran approached on his mountain bike at lunchtime on July 5.

He told her he knew where she could catch some bigger fish and led her away and raped her.

Jobless Badran was arrested at his home in Edmonton, north London, nine days after the attack after a DNA match confirmed he was the rapist.

A sample taken after the rape matched one Badran had previously given to police when he was arrested for stealing a foot pump.

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced at London’s Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Detective Constable Shaun Egan said: “This was a horrendous attack on a very young girl who is still traumatised by what has happened to her.

“She is wary of men, doesn’t leave her house much and keeps crying. I have no doubt that Badran went out that day looking for a victim to rape.

“He led the girl to a very secluded area and I believe he had already chosen that spot and pre-planned how he would entice her there. I am sure he would have struck again had he not been caught and I’m relieved that he is now behind bars.”