Why was man on bail for possessing indecent images of children allowed to spend time with youngsters?
Parents have questioned why a convicted pervert was allowed to spend time with children while he was under investigation for downloading indecent images of children.
Disgraced Anglesey pantomime star Barry Wall was arrested on suspicion of obtaining the sick images on March 14.
Wall, of Newry Street, then continued to host dance and acting classes in Holyhead.
The 36-year-old claimed the images were on his laptop when he bought it second hand.
However, he pleaded guilty to the charges at Magistrates’ Court in May.
Paul Garden, a foster parent from Holyhead, said he was outraged when he discovered Wall’s disgusting crimes.
He said: “We’re worried because my foster children and granddaughter have drama lessons with this guy.
“I think it’s very worrying, I’m really annoyed.
“We pay for the kids to go (to the lessons).
“They were due to put on a performance but he cancelled it saying they were not ready.
“Perhaps we know the real reason now.”
Another parent, who asked not to be named, said: “He was running a ‘Show on’ drama group in Holyhead for young children, right up until his conviction – even after his guilty plea.
“Disgraceful he was allowed to get away with that.
“I was contacted by him on June 20 to do a disco for the kids for their after show party.
“He only cancelled it last week.”
But Detective Inspector Sion Williams, who heads the paedophile and online investigation team, defended the force’s role while Wall was on bail.
The officer said: “After Mr Wall was charged, he was placed on stringent police bail conditions prior to his first appearance at Holyhead Magistrates’ Court.
“These bail conditions were clearly aimed at restricting any unsupervised access with children.
“North Wales Police did not have any information or intelligence that would have heightened concern that Mr Wall was continuing to interact with children, otherwise appropriate action would have been taken.
“Following his conviction, Mr Wall will also be subject to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order, which, again is aimed at curtailing any unfettered access he could have with children in the future.”
Last week Wall told the Daily Post he was “pressured” into pleading guilty by his solicitor – an accusation they have strongly denied.
He also said he plans to move to Liverpool following his conviction.