David Polglase, prosecuting, said the convicted rapist and flasher admitted two counts of indecent assault against another victim.
This was a woman who was a teenager when Thomas first attacked her, and then in her 20s when he targeted her again.
On the first occasion, the girl was sleeping in a room with a young child when she woke to find Thomas sexually assaulting her.
She was scared, but he put his hand over her mouth to indicate she should not say anything and the victim described how she “froze”.
On the second occasion, she was sleeping on a sofa in her clothes, with her baby sleeping in a pram next to her.
She awoke to find Thomas sexually assaulting her while simultaneously performing a sex act on himself.
Mr Polglase said she described trying to block out the abuse, but “always remembering” and it “eating away at her more and more”.
He said: “The victim said there had been no other incidents, but whenever she had seen the defendant since he would lick his lips.
“She also described the defendant saying he would love to take her to a hotel and ‘give it to you’.”
When interviewed by police at HMP Liverpool in May last year, Thomas denied the allegations and claimed it was a blackmail plot.
The victim said she was left hating herself and “feeling worthless” and resorted to drinking to try and blot out the pain.
She said she struggled to eat and sleep, felt angry and depressed, while also suffering from panic attacks and nightmares.
The woman told the court: “I want this to go away, but I want justice too.”
Thomas has eight previous convictions for 15 offences, including dishonesty and violence, and was jailed for seven years for raping a woman in July 2008.
He was locked up for 26 weeks in June 2016 after exposing himself to a teenage girl on a Merseyrail train, travelling from his then home of Waterloo.
Last March, he admitted five counts of indecent assault and five counts of gross indecency against a girl aged between six and 10, when he was a teen.
Judge Robert Warnock said he had read the victim’s statement, adding: “I make it clear that it is a harrowing and difficult document to digest.
“It makes it clear – and you should understand – the damage that you cause by sexual offences of this type.”
The judge said he had to consider the total sentence he would have passed had Thomas also been dealt with for these offences last year.
He jailed him for two years and two months – effectively extending his release date from March 30, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Judge Warnock said Thomas must sign on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
Paedophile jailed for sex attacks on young girl
A paedophile was jailed for four years today for sex attacks on a young girl.
Alfred Frederick Thomas, 51, of Newby Street, Walton admitted five counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14 years and five counts of gross indecency with a girl under 14 when he appeared at Liverpool crown court.
The offences were committed against one victim in the 1980s.
Police today praised the victim’s “incredible” bravery in coming forward. Detective Constable Julia Jennings added: “Today’s result has released a huge weight from her shoulders.
“Specially trained officers in Merseyside Police’s Protecting Vulnerable People unit have been by her side throughout the investigation to provide support and to ensure her evidence was presented to the court and to see justice being done.
“Time should never be a barrier to obtaining justice and I hope today’s sentence gives his victim some sense of closure and vindicates their decision to come forward.
“Merseyside Police takes every report of sexual offences extremely seriously, whether or not they are recent, and has dedicated officers within the force’s Protecting Vulnerable People unit who are specially trained to both thoroughly investigate allegations and make sure that those reporting them are properly supported.
“I would like to take this opportunity to reassure anyone who has suffered a sexual offence that if you can find the courage to come forward and speak to us, we will deal with you sensitively and make sure that reports are properly and thoroughly investigated.”
Last year Thomas was jailed for 26 weeks after he admitted exposing himself to a teenage girl on a Merseyrail train. Liverpool magistrates court heard the incident happened on a train travelling from Waterloo, where Thomas was then living, and Moorfields station.
Disgusting’ pervert exposed himself to girl on Southport to Liverpool train
This is the 50-year-old man who exposed himself to a shocked teenager on a Southport to Liverpool train.
Alfred Thomas boarded a Merseyrail train which had travelled from Southport at Waterloo Station at 6.20am.
His young victim boarded at the same stop.
Thomas then sat opposite the girl and tried to engage her in conversation.
But when she stood up to leave the train at Moorfields station in Liverpool city centre, she glanced back and saw Thomas exposing himself to her.
She quickly moved carriages and left the train in a distressed state, immediately alerting staff.
Thomas was identified after he was recognised from a British Transport Police appeal on Facebook.
Officers arrested him at his home on Mount Pleasant in Waterloo.
In police interview he admitted the offence, but could give no reason for his actions.
Today Thomas pleaded guilty to indecent exposure at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court.
Magistrates jailed him for six months, and ordered him to pay a victim surcharge of £115.
Investigating officer PC Shaun Lee said: “This was an incredibly frightening experience for the young girl, who was shaken and upset by Thomas’ actions.
“His disgusting behaviour that day continues to affect his victim who was left feeling vulnerable and intimidated by what he did.
“She is to be commended for coming forward and reporting the incident.
“We will not tolerate inappropriate sexual behaviour of any kind on the rail network and will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.
“We ask all rail passengers to report incidents to us so we can fully investigate.”