December 2018

Child abuse pictures pervert kept deleting internet history

A CONVICTED sex offender admitted to police carrying out a compliance visit that he had deleted his internet history after each session

Blackburn magistrates heard Simon Lee Robbin also admitted viewing indecent images of children on a Russian website.

Robbin, 30, of Leeds Road, Nelson, pleaded guilty to breach of a sexual harm prevention order. He was sent in custody to Burnley Crown Court to be sentenced on January 18.

Parveen Akhtar, prosecuting, said the sexual harm prevention order had been made on July 27 2011 after Robbin was convicted of downloading indecent images of children.

She said following the latest compliance visit the defendant’s computer had been seized and would now be examined by police experts.

“There may be further charges in the future relating to any images that are found as a result of that examination,” said Miss Akhtar

Deann McGinty, defending, said her client suffered from mental health issues but fully understood the situation he was in.

“He has admitted in his interview he can’t help himself from committing these offences which clearly makes him a high risk of further offences,” said Miss McGinty.

September 2015

Child abuse images found on convicted paedophile’s mobile phone – Spared prison AGAIN

A sex offender, spared jail over a stash of nearly 5,000 sickening child porn pictures, walked free again after being caught with indecent images on his mobile phone.

A court had heard how Simon Lee Robbin (27) lied to police telling them he had thrown the phone in a reservoir, but then owned up and told them it was in his mattress.

Robbin was already on the sexual offenders’ register, after he was placed on it for five years in 2011. Officers had found more than 4,500 disgusting images of young boys.

The defendant, then of End Street, Colne, had admitted 16 charges of making an indecent photo of a child. He had been given a three year community order, with supervision.

The defendant, now of Leeds Road, Nelson, admitted three counts of making an indecent photograph of a child on or between November 1st and November 27th last year.

Mr Geoff Ireland (defending) said: “I believe he is complying with supervision. He has some issues.”

He was given six months in prison, suspended for two years. Judge Jonathan Gibson ordered him to sign the sexual offenders’ register for seven years and a sexual harm prevention order.

July 2015

A sex offender spared jail over a stash of nearly 5,000 sickening child abuse pictures, has now been caught with indecent images on his mobile phone.

Burnley Magistrates’ Court heard how Simon Lee Robbin (27) lied to police, telling them he had thrown the phone in a reservoir, but then owned up and told them it was in his mattress.

Robbin is currently on the sexual offenders’ register, after he was placed on it for five years in 2011.

Burnley Crown Court had at that time been told how Robbin handed police two USB flash drives when they went to his then home in Colne in November the year before.

Officers were to find more than 4,500 disgusting images of young boys.

Robbin, who had been later questioned, had told police he knew he had done wrong and that he got some sexual gratification from looking at the photos.

The defendant, then of End Street, had admitted 16 charges of making an indecent photo of a child. He had been given a three-year community order, with supervision.

On Tuesday, he was back in court and admitted three counts of making an indecent photograph of a child, on or between November 1st and November 27th, last year.

The offences are said to involve more than 50 images, some at category A, the most serious level, as well as categories B and C.

The defendant, now of Leeds Road, Nelson, was committed on unconditional bail to the crown court to be sentenced on September 7th.

Miss Parveen Akhtar (prosecuting) at the latest hearing, said last November officers from the Dangerous and Sexual Offenders Unit, acting on intelligence, went to the defendant’s home. Robbin was arrested and told them he was responsible for uploading indecent images of children and using his mobile phone to access the internet. He claimed he had thrown the phone in a reservoir.

Officers remained to search his flat and he was taken to the police station. On the way, he asked what the police officers were doing at his home and when he was told it was being searched, admitted he had lied and had not got rid of the phone.

Miss Akhtar added: “He said, ‘it’s in my mattress, in a rip at the front. I put it there. It don’t know why I lied’.” Robbin said he had deleted the pictures, which were found when experts examined the phone.

Mr Geoff Ireland (defending) said: “I believe he is complying with supervision, but obviously, he is in a serious position. The defendant does have some issues.”

Sentencing Robbin in 2011, Judge Andrew Woolman had told him: “Normally people who keep images as bad as this go to prison, but I have read the report about you written by the probation officer and you met a psychologist and she has reported to the court. It’s clear that you have extreme difficulties in dealing with life and don’t understand an awful lot.”

September 2011

Colne man with thousands of child sex abuse images spared jail

A 23-YEAR-OLD man who had nearly 5,000 sickening child porn pictures has been spared jail after a judge heard he struggled with life.

Burnley Crown Court heard how Simon Robbin handed police two USB flash drives when they went to his house in Colne in November, last year.

Officers were to find more than 4,500 images of young boys, some of them being abused and in pain.

Robbin, who was later questioned, told police he knew he had done wrong and that he got some sexual gratification from looking at the photos.

The defendant, of End Street, had earlier admitted 16 charges of making an indecent photo of a child.

He was given a three-year community order, with supervision and was put on the sex offenders’ register for five years.

Emma Kehoe, prosecuting, said the flash drives were in Robbin’s wallet and he told police: “That’s got the stuff on.”

He was taken to the police station, told officers there would be images of children on the drives and he had put them there from his computer.

Miss Kehoe said police discovered 39 images at level one, 25 at level two, two at level three, 42 at level four and 10 at level five, the most serious level.

There was another 4,500 pictures, mostly at level one and two.

Martin Hackett, for Robbin, said there was nothing psychiatrically wrong with him, but the difficulty with him was his levels of understanding and learning.

He had an extremely low range of intellectual ability.

Judge Andrew Woolman told Robbin: “Normally people who keep images as bad as this go to prison.

“But I have read the report about you written by the probation officer and you met a psychologist and she has reported to the court.

“It’s clear that you have extreme difficulties in dealing with life and don’t understand an awful lot.

“It seems to me it would be better for everybody if the probation service took time to try to teach you what’s right and what’s wrong.”