Update: Mohammed Ditta served twelve years in prison but was released from prison to a hostel in March 2019

Mirza Baig served his three years in prison and was deported.

November 2008

Men jailed for sex attacks


Mohammed Ditta and Mirza Baig

TWO Asian men were jailed indefinitely for sex attacks on teenage white girls they had plied with drink and drugs.

Mirza Baig, 35, and Mohammed Ditta, 39, picked up vulnerable teenagers, offering them drink and cigarettes, Manchester Crown Court was told.

But after luring them back to Ditta’s flat in Hulme, Manchester, the girls were given vodka, Ecstasy pills and cocaine, until they became unconscious.

They then pounced on their 15-year-old victims, stripping them naked, putting them in beds and trying to force them to have sex.

Baig, of Longdon Road, Longsight, Manchester, and Ditta of Newdale Road, Levenshulme, Manchester, were jailed indefinitely for the public’s protection and told they must each serve at least three years before parole.

Passing sentence Judge Anthony Gee said: “These are despicable and truly shameful offences. Neither of you have displayed the slightest hint of remorse or regret.”

The pair were arrested in May last year after an investigation by a team of social workers from Manchester Children’s Services, detectives from Greater Manchester Police and project workers from the voluntary sector.

In the first incident, on April 18, 2007, Baig met up with two 15-year-old girls and drove them to Ditta’s flat.

Once inside Ditta gave the girls drink and drugs. He offered to pay one of the girls £20 to have sex with him, but she refused so he punched her twice in the face.

A few weeks later on April 30, 2007 the third victim, who was also 15 at the time, went to the same flat with a girl she knew.

There, Ditta and Baig gave her drink and drugs. While she was heavily intoxicated, Baig then sexually assaulted her. He then trapped her in the bedroom and threatened to kill her.

Ditta also sexually assaulted her before she was able to escape.

One girl told Manchester Crown Court she was terrified and thought she was going to die after Ditta ordered her to have sex and threatened her with a gun.

Ditta was convicted of assault and sexual assault after a three week trial.

Baig was convicted of sexual assault and threats to kill after calling one girl a “slag” and saying he would shoot her if she did not have sex with him.

Both men are married with young children.