April 2019

Scots paedo jailed for 42 years used Minecraft to sexually abuse four US kids on holiday

A Scottish paedophile has been jailed for 42-and-a-half years after admitting preying on young boys while on holiday in the US.

Convicted paedophile Jordan Kemlo, 22, used the popular video game Minecraft to groom four American youngsters during a three month stay in the country.

Kemlo, of Peterhead , Aberdeenshire, was jailed in Scotland for four years in 2015 after sexually assaulting a boy.

Last year he was flown to Tucson, Arizona, to face charges after the Scottish Government agreed to a request to extradite him.

The offences took place between February and May 2014 when Kemlo was 17 and visiting family in the region.

He was reported to police by the mother of one of his victims.

After Kemlo returned to Scotland, the boy told his mother he had been sexually abused by Kemlo several times while they were playing Minecraft.

Kemlo also preyed on three other boys in the same neighbourhood during his visit. All the victims were under 15.

Kemlo pleaded guilty last month to charges of continuous sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual conduct with a minor, attempted molestation of a child, solicitation to commit sexual conduct with a minor and attempted molestation of a child.

At Pima County Superior Court on Monday he was sentenced to 42-and-a-half years by Judge Jeffrey Bergin. He was also given a lifetime probation order.

His lawyer Katherine Daubert had asked the judge for leniency, saying Kemlo had shown remorse and had undergone treatment while in prison in Scotland.

Alan Goodwin, Special Victims Bureau Chief at the Pima County Attorney’s Office, confirmed the sentence.

He said: “The Pima County Superior Court sentenced Mr Kemlo to 42-and-a-half years in the Arizona Department of Corrections.”

US police officers said Kemlo first came to their attention when the boy’s mother called them.

She said that when Kemlo left Tucson to return home, her son began “acting out” but was reluctant to talk about what had happened because “he would be grounded for life”.

He told his mother he was attacked by Kemlo while they were playing Minecraft, and that the abuse had happened “every day or once a week”.

Kemlo was flown to Arizona with federal officers from the US Marshals Service in February last year following an extradition hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.

At the time, a Scottish Government spokesman said: “The US sought Mr Kemlo’s extradition and, following careful consideration, ministers agreed his extradition on January 31.”

He was held in custody at Pima County jail in Tucson for more than a year before his case came to court.

Kemlo had originally faced 10 charges related to child sex abuse but pleaded guilty to five. He is understood to have confessed to the crimes when interviewed by officers from Arizona.

Kemlo was represented in court by a public defender after being unable to afford to hire a lawyer of his own.

In 2015, the High Court in Glasgow heard how Kemlo’s young victim, who was only six when the abuse started, described him as “the bad boy”.

Kemlo was arrested after abusing the boy at his own home and at his victim’s house. The abuse had lasted for three years.

After his arrest, Kemlo told police: “I never thought of the consequences. I was shocked, confused why it happened.” He later claimed he had decided to turn himself in but was too ashamed to do so.

Lord Burns ordered Kemlo to be supervised for five years following his release from custody.

March 2019

Peterhead gamer uses Minecraft to prey on young boys while on holiday in US

A Peterhead man has admitted preying on four young American boys through a computer game while on holiday.

Jordan Kemlo was visiting the US when he targeted the youngsters, who are all under the age of 15, via Minecraft.

The 22-year-old – who has similar previous conviction in the UK – was extradited to America to face the charges last year.

He has now admitted five felony charges, including attempted sexual conduct and molestation of a minor, during an appearance at Pima County Superior Court in Tucson, Arizona.

The offences were committed when Kemlo was 17.

He was in the country between February and May 2014.

In reports submitted to the US court system, police state the alarm was first raised when the mother of the victim called officers.

She said that when Kemlo returned home to the north-east, her son began “acting out” but was reluctant to talk about what had happened.

He later told his mum that he was attacked by Kemlo while they were playing Minecraft, a video game which has a large fan base of children.

The report adds: “He went on to say ‘Jordan would get into trouble’.

“When (she) asked (him) how often this had happened he advised her every day or once a week.”

Kemlo is alleged to have spoken to three other neighbourhood children about sexual activity during the same period.

He was flown with US marshals to Arizona in February last year.

At Pima County Superior Court this week, Kemlo pleaded guilty to charges of continuous sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual conduct with a minor, attempted molestation of a child, solicitation to commit sexual conduct with a minor and attempted molestation of a child.

The Arizona Daily Star reported that his offences could result in a jail sentence of between 18 and 46 years, with a presumptive sentence of 32-and-a-half years.

He will also likely be put on lifetime probation and registry to a sex-offender.

Kemlo is due to appear again in court for sentencing in April.

July 2015

A pervert who “never thought about the consequences” of repeatedly abusing a young boy with has been jailed for four years.

Despicable Jordan Kemlo, 18, was caged on Thursday after appearing before judge Lord Burns at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The court how heard the pervert began preying on the child shortly after meeting him for the first time in August 2011.

He continued to assault the boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons – for another three years.

After hearing how the Kemlo was “sorry” for his crimes, Lord Burns told the abuser that he couldn’t impose an alternative sentence to imposing jail time.

He added: “You plainly saw an opportunity to abuse him on a number of occasions.

“Given the circumstances of the offence, I cannot impose a custodial sentence of any less than four years.”

Kemlo pleaded guilty to sexual assault last month at the High Court in Glasgow.

Sentence was deferred for the court to obtain reports about his character.

He admitted abusing the child between August 2011 and January 2014.

At earlier proceedings, the court was told how the boy was aged just six when the attacks started at his home in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire.

Kemlo was arrested last year after a police probe into the 18 year-old. He had latterly been living in the USA. The young victim had described his attacker as the “bad boy”.

Kemlo confessed to what happened and admitted the abuse occurred on several occasions including one time at his own home.

Kemlo told police: “I never thought of consequences…I was shocked, confused why it happened.”

The teenager claimed he had previously backed out of handing himself in adding he was “ashamed”.

On Thursday, defence advocate Drew McKenzie told the court that his client understood that his actions were wrong.

Mr McKenzie added: “He did express that he is remorseful and that what he did to this boy was wrong.”

The court also heard that Kemlo told a social worker that had been commissioned to write a report about him that he felt sexually attracted to young boys.

Mr McKenzie said Kemlo hoped that if sent to prison he would receive counselling to help him control his urges

Ordering Kemlo to be supervised for five years following his release from custody, Lord Burns warned the crook not to offend again.

He added: “The Social Work Report is quite alarming. Should you offend during the period of supervision you will be brought back to court and you will be sent back to custody.”

June 2015

Young abuse victim described Peterhead teen as ‘the bad boy’

A teenager who abused a young boy for three years “never thought of the consequences” of what he was doing.

Jordan Kemlo began preying on the young primary school child shortly after meeting him for the first time in August 2011.

The attacks were carried out at addresses in Peterhead.

Kemlo was arrested last year after a police probe into the 18 year-old’s behaviour.

He had latterly been living in the USA.

His young victim had described his attacker as the “bad boy”.

Kemlo confessed to what happened and admitted the abuse occurred on several occasions.

he told police: “I never thought of consequences. I was shocked, confused why it happened.”

The teenager claimed he had previously backed out of handing himself in adding he was “ashamed”.

At the High Court in Glasgow yesterday Kemlo admitted abusing the child between August 2011 and January 2014.

Judge Lord Burns remanded him in custody and deferred sentence until July 9 at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Kemlo was also placed on the sex offenders register.