September 2016

Convicted rapist flouts bail to ensnare mother with fake dating profile: He even looked after her child


A convicted rapist used a fake name to trick a mother into a relationship while he was awaiting trial for indecently assaulting two underage girls.

Aaron Pescud, 33, formerly of High Street, Whitton, met a woman – whose identity is protected by law – on a dating website using the pseudonym ‘Ryan Nelly’ in April 2014 while on bail.

He admitted three counts of breaching conditions of the sex offenders register and had a year added to his current sentence, at Kingston Crown Court on Friday, September 2.

He entered an eight-month long relationship with the woman before being jailed for five years for the indecent assault of two young girls.

The girls were both between the ages of four and ten at the time of the assaults, which took place between 1992 and 2001 – when Pescud was between 11 and 18 years old.

Pescud told the woman he met on the dating service ‘Scout’ that he owned bars and a villa in Spain, before moving into her home with her six-year-old daughter ‘after a few weeks’.

The Whitton man took care of the woman’s daughter while she was at work, prosecutor James Dawes said.

He told his partner he was attending a Marks & Spencer training course in December 2014, when in fact he was at Kingston Crown Court for his sentencing.

Mr Dawes said: “(The woman) did not know any of this until the defendant’s mother told her.

“She has since been contacted by him. His presence is unwanted by her.

“He will not stop contacting her.”

Sentencing had to be adjourned from August 19 after Pescud refused to leave prison to attend court.

He also delayed sentencing for his 2014 conviction after he ripped off his electronic tag and claimed to have taken an overdose of drugs.

Judge Recorder Vanessa Francis also amended his sexual offenders order to prohibit him from contacting the woman in question or her daughter.

One of the counts Pescud admitted to relates to lying to police as to his whereabouts while on bail in 2014.

Ms Francis said: “She was totally taken in by the lies you told her. She trusted you and trusted you with her child during the day while she was at work.

“You are completely not worthy of that trust.

“After seeing post with your real name on it, you told her lies. You told professionals responsible for you lies about what you were doing.

“Please take this as a marker that you cannot behave like this for the rest of your life.”

Pescud had been – at the earliest – eligible for release in April 2017, but will now serve at least a further six months.

December 2014

Whitton rapist jailed for another five years over historic sex crimes against young girls

A convicted rapist has been jailed for another five years after he was found guilty of indecently assaulting two young girls when he was a teenager.

Aaron Pescud, 32, of High Street, Whitton, was found guilty in October of three counts of indecent assault against the girls, who were both between the ages of 4 and 10 at the time of the offences.

Prosecutor Stephen Clayton said Pescud abused his position of trust to assault the girls between 1992 and 2001, but said an exact date or year could not be pinpointed because both victims were so young at the time.

Pescud, a former St George’s College Weybridge pupil, was between the ages of 11 and 18 years old when he committed the offences, making him ten years older than his youngest victim.

Mr Clayton said: “The fact this defendant was trusted… there was clearly some grooming against the two girls and some planning of abuse of trust.”

The court heard the nature of the third charge of indecent assault would be the equivalent of rape of a child under 13.

Since carrying out the indecent assaults, Pescud was sentenced to eight years in prison after being found guilty of two charges of rape in 2003.

In mitigation, defence counsel Mark Fraser said Pescud should not be sentenced using adult sentencing guidelines as he was under 18 at the time the indecent assaults were committed.

He said: “The court must sentence the defendant on the matrix that is most favourable to him.”

Mr Fraser also told Judge Georgina Kent Pescud suffers from ADHD but had not been diagnosed at the time of the offences.

Delivering her sentence, Judge Kent said: “They were too young to understand the assaults were wrong. It was not until they were older they realised your actions were sexual abuse.

“These have caused serious and lasting harm to both the victims. The psychological harm has been severe.

“They have explained how your offending has affected them. This has had a detrimental impact on their working lives and personal relationships. They are both finding it hard to cope with the consequences.

“You show no remorse to your victims. Your attitude and behaviour to females causes concern. You do not accept responsibility for your action and do not feel the need to make any changes to your attitude.

“I am very concerned you do pose a serious risk to females you might encounter.”

Pescud was jailed for 12 months for count one, 24 months for count two and 48 months for count three – the most serious of the offences.

Sentences for counts two and three will run concurrently and the jail term for count one will run consequently, meaning he will serve five years in prison.

Judge Kent said Pescud will serve half of his sentence in custody and will be released on license, but report to the police.

He was also handed a sexual offence prevention order.

November 2014

Sentencing adjourned after child abuser swallows pills and demands ambulance

Aaron Pescud, 32, was found guilty last month of indecently assaulting two girls under the age of 14 some time before 2001 and was told at Kingston Crown Court that a custodial sentence was “inevitable”.

Pescud, of High Street, Whitton, refused to speak to the defence counsel after another barrister was drafted in to cover the sentencing hearing.

The court was told Pescud, a former student at St George’s College, Weybridge, also suffered from conditions believed to be ADHD and a personality disorder and was undergoing medical tests.

Judge Kent said: “I have seen and heard him give evidence. I am satisfied he is not intellectually impaired and can understand the importance of this hearing and this is the opportunity, if he wishes, to engage with his counsel.

“This is a serious case and the time has come for the sentence to be delivered.

“The defendant is able to understand what I am saying today and I am going to adjourn the case to give the defendant the chance to speak to his counsel.

“If he does not wish to do so, I will proceed to sentence.”

Adjourning the hearing, Pescud was taken into custody and told a court officer he had taken 12 tablets and they had half an hour to get him an ambulance. As he was led down to the cells, Pescud also ripped his electronic tag from his leg.

An ambulance crew attended the court and, although the dosage of prescription medication was not thought to be life-threatening, he was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Pescud will remain in custody until the sentencing hearing resumes next week.