April 2019

Child killer and paedophile Tyler Vallance pushed girlfriend down stairs, breaking her foot

Tyler Vallance

A convicted child killer and paedophile pushed his partner down the stairs and broke her foot after accusing her of cheating on him.

Tyler Vallance of Bath Road, Worcester, appeared at Worcester Crown Court over videolink from prison after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm against his partner Linda Davidson who had not supported the prosecution. She appeared in the public gallery in support of him.

By committing the assault last September the 26-year-old was recalled on a nine year prison sentence for manslaughter and section 20 wounding, what his defence barrister Abigail Nixon described as a ‘baby shaking case’.

Giles Nelson, prosecuting, said Vallance’s partner rang the police after the assault on September 26 last year. They had argued because she was on the phone to someone. The prosecution described a ‘background of jealously’ and arguments.

Mr Nelson said: “She rang up the police saying she had been assaulted by her boyfriend, that he had pushed her down the stairs. In this instance they were at the top of the stairs. She described how she got pushed by him. She says she ‘wasn’t sure whether it was with one hand or two hands but he pushed me down that stairs and that’s what caused the injury and caused me to phone the police’.”

Mr Nelson said during the course of that 999 call Vallance could be heard making threats to ‘stab’ various people if they came near him.

The court heard how his partner’s foot became very swollen after the push and there was a break to a bone in her foot. This was later identified as a break to the talus bone which required her to have an operation and to be kept in hospital.

The defendant was arrested at the scene and initially denied pushing her, claiming she tripped and then replied ‘no comment’ to questions put to him by police in interview.

“This is a complainant that did not support the prosecution and made a withdrawal statement” said Mr Nelson. The couple had been in a relationship since May 4, 2018 and had argued on ‘a daily basis’.

Mr Nelson added: “It appears Mr Vallance was jealous, accusing her of cheating on him with people at work.”

Vallance was jailed for nine years in December 2014 for the unlawful killing of his two-month old daughter, Isabella. We previously reported how a post mortem showed the child had a brain injury, eight broken ribs and two broken legs. Experts concluded that the injuries could be the result of violent shaking.

The injuries, described as something akin to a car crash, had been caused by fierce gripping or twisting by Vallance, who was subject to violent outbursts of temper when he had not taken his medication.

Vallance denied causing the injuries but eventually admitted on the day of his trial that he was guilty of wounding. Vallance also had a previous conviction in August, 2013 for sexual activity with a girl under 16. He served six months in a young offenders institution as a result.

Throughout the videolink hearing Vallance slumped forwards with his arms folded on the table in front of him. On one occasion he turned away from the judge so he was side-on to the camera and on another he put one of his feet up on the table.

Recorder Edward Coke sentenced him to four months in prison but said the Crown Prosecution Service was right to continue with the case despite the victim not wanting to proceed with the matter.

However, he said he could not say what would happen with regard to Vallance’s recall for the the other offences.

December 2014

A father who killed his 12-week-old baby girl has been jailed for nine years

A father has been handed a nine-year sentence for the manslaughter of his premature baby daughter.

Tyler Vallance, formerly of Engadine Road in Bromsgrove, was sentenced today (Friday) for causing the death of his daughter Isabella.

He was also given an 18-month term for GBH, to run at the same time, by Judge Robert Juckes QC at Worcester Crown Court.

In an assault, one month before the fatal attack, Isabella was left with eight broken ribs and a bleed on the brain “consistent with gripping of the chest and shaking” delivered with force “equivalent to a car accident”.

A post-mortem examination also revealed head injuries and fractures to her ribs and legs.

The court heard these injuries had been suffered at the hands of her father, who had assaulted her on more than one occasion.

In the final fatal assault Vallance caused his daughter what sentencing Judge Robert Juckes QC called “catastrophic brain injuries leading to her very quickly losing consciousness”

The tell-tale internal wounds of that earlier assault were only discovered after a post mortem was carried out following the child’s death.

Isabella, who had fully recovered from being delivered prematurely at 34 weeks, died of a head injury in hospital five days after the parents called paramedics to their flat.

The court heard that the reason behind an earlier 999 call, just one second long and deliberately made, from Wiggins’ mobile phone an hour and a half before the second emergency phone call, had never been explained by either parent.

In August last year, Vallance was given a six-month jail term after being convicted of sexual activity with a 14-year-old girl, and of causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

Vallance pleaded guilty to GBH and manslaughter earlier this year while Isabella’s mother Jessica Wiggins, formerly of Heathfield Road in Redditch, was found guilty last month of allowing the death of her child.

She was given a nine month sentence, suspended for 12 months, and a 12-month supervision order meaning she will not serve time in prison unless another offence is committed within the next year.

She was spared jail after judge Robert Juckes accepted evidence in the trial from social and healthcare workers that she was “skilled, competent and a good mother”.


November 2014

Redditch mum found guilty of not acting to prevent the death of her two month old baby daughter

A mum whose baby daughter was killed by her violent partner in Redditch has been found guilty of not acting to prevent her death.

Isabella Vallance, who was just 12 weeks old, died at Birmingham Children’s Hospital in December 2012, with serious head injuries and fractures to her ribs and legs.

Her mother Jessica Jamie Wiggins, aged 20, formerly of the Oakalls, Bromsgrove, was convicted under section 5 of the Domestic Violence, Crimes and Victims Act at Worcester Crown Court today.

Her partner, 21-year-old Tyler Vallance, also formerly of the Oakalls, admitted grievous bodily harm and the manslaughter of their 12-week-old daughter Isabellawhen he appeared before the court on 19 June.

Sentencing of both defendants has been adjourned until December 18, pending reports.

Wiggins and Vallance, who lived together in Redditch following the birth of their child, had been having problems with their relationship. The court heard that he had assaulted her on more than one occasion.

Detective Chief Inspector Jon Marsden, of West Mercia Police, said: “The death of any young child is a tragedy and Isabella Vallace had lived for just 86 days.

“She should have had a full life ahead of her but that was taken away by her father, a callous individual who could not control his emotions or his temper.

“His guilty plea on the first day of the hearing is a testament to the weight and strength of the evidence against him gathered over 18 months by a dedicated team of investigators.

“We are also grateful to the significant contribution made by many partner agencies including the medical profession and Children’s Services.

“Those agencies, along with other family members, had set out to help Wiggins and Vallance give Isabella the best possible start in life.

“As parents they were in a position of trust and care but sadly they did not live up to their responsibilities.

“Our priority was to carry out a full and thorough investigation into this baby’s death, which we have done, and while the overriding feeling is one of sadness we are satisfied that at least justice has now been done for Isabella.”

June 2014

Dad admits killing two month old baby daughter


A father has admitted killing his two-month-old baby daughter ‘after losing control’.

Tyler John Vallance, 21, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Isabella Vallance in December 2012, after a charge of murder was put to him at Worcester Crown Court.

He further entered a guilty plea to section 20 wounding, after having a charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent put to him as he stood in the dock.

Christopher Hotton QC prosecuting said: “We are all of the view that we accept those pleas.”

He added the prosecution’s view was that although there were two incidents it was “overwhelmingly likely that each occurred over a short period of time in a momentary loss of control by somebody with ADHD and Tourettes.”

Vallance, formerly of Redditch, Worcestershire, will be sentenced at a later date.

Isabella was allegedly injured at an address in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire between October 5 and December 8.

Separately, the baby’s mother aged 19, formerly of Bromsgrove, is to be tried for an alleged offence of child cruelty between October 5 and December 8, 2012 and causing or allowing the death of Isabella.

She appeared briefly in the dock – after Vallance – for the proceedings, wearing a black blazer and white blouse.

Her trial will now start back at the court on Tuesday, June 24, and is expected to last 10 days.

In December 2012, Isabella was taken to the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch after being found injured at an address in the town.

She was transferred to Birmingham Children’s Hospital where she died five days later.