July 2016

Child sex abuse images pervert found dead in his home

Lawrence Henderson

A man convicted of child abuse images charges has been found dead in his Co Armagh home.

The body Lawrence Henderson, who was in his early 30s, was discovered in the house in Kilwilkie, Lurgan, this morning.

His death is not being treated as suspicious.

He had been on probation since October 2014 after pleading guilty to having more than 3,000 indecent images of children on his personal computer.

News of his death was revealed by the Lurgan Mail.

Henderson had pleaded guilty at Craigavon Crown Court to 26 charges of making an indecent photograph of a child and one charge of having in his possession 3,354 indecent photographs of children. He was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register.

The PSNI said: “Police in Lurgan attended the scene of the sudden death of a man at a house at Kilwilke Road on Friday 22nd July. The death is not being treated as suspicious at this time.”

The child porn pervert was arrested and later prosecuted at Craigavon Magistrates Court after he took his computer to a shop in Lurgan for repairs.

Staff discovered pornographic images of youngsters on his computer and contacted the PSNI who arrested Henderson when he returned to the shop.

A prosecutor who had viewed the photographs said the maximum age of the girls would have been 12 to 13 years old.

Judge Patrick Lynch told Henderson he had brought shame upon himself and his family.

When asked if he agreed to the probation order and it’s conditions Henderson replied: “Yes, no problem at all.”

Upper Bann MLA Jo-Anne Dobson subsequently called for an appeal to his probation sentence.

Following Henderson’s suspended sentence, she said: “The community are rightly asking what deterrent this sentence provides – sadly the answer is little. I share the public anger that, having pleaded guilty, such a frankly lenient sentence has been passed.”

October 2014

Pervert who had over 3,000 indecent images of schoolgirls walks free from court

A 32-year-old Lurgan man who had over 3,000 indecent images of children on his computer has escaped a jail sentence.

Lawrence Henderson of Kilwilke Road, Lurgan, was put on probation for three years today (Thursday) at Craigavon Crown Court on child abuse images charges.

He had pleaded guilty to 26 charges of making an indecent photograph of a child and one charge of having in his possession 3354 indecent photographs of children.

He was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register.

The court heard the offences came to light when Henderson brought his computer to a shop in Lurgan to have it repaired.

Staff discovered pornographic images and contacted police. Henderson was arrested when he returned to collect the computer.

There were 208 category one pictures and four category two pictures on the computer.

An external hard drive was discovered in a search of his home and this contained 3,347 category one pictures and one category two photograph.

Henderson admitted to police that he had pornography on his computer but claimed the girls were aged over 18.

A prosecutor who had viewed the photographs said the maximum age of the girls would have been 12 to 13.

Judge Patrick Lynch told Henderson he had brought shame upon himself and his family.

When asked if he agreed to the probation order and it conditions Henderson replied: “Yes, no problem at all.”

September 2014

Man pleads guilty to possessing 3,354 indecent photographs of children

A Lurgan man will be sentenced next month at Craigavon Crown Court after pleading guilty to making and possessing indecent photographs of children.

Lawrence Henderson (32), Kilwilke Road, Lurgan, pleaded guilty today (Thursday) to 26 charges of making an indecent photograph of a child between February 28, 2010, and September 21, 2012.

He also admitted having in his possession on September 19, 2012, 3,354 indecent photographs of children.

The case was adjourned so that a pre-sentence report could be obtained.

Henderson was remanded on continuing bail to appear for sentence at Craigavon Crown Court on Friday, October 3.

He is also required to sign the Sex Offenders Register.