Man guilty of inciting a schoolgirl to give him oral sex
A 32-year-old man has been found guilty of inciting a schoolgirl to give him oral sex for money.
Victor Seymour was convicted by a jury of inciting a 10-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity at Reading Crown Court on Thursday, April 23.
During the trial the jury heard the investigation had followed a court case in 2014 in which Seymour had pleaded guilty to inciting another girl aged under 13 into sexual activity by sending her a text which said “suck my d***”.
She said it was the prosecution’s case that Seymour had sent a similar message to the 10-year-old girl in this case in which he said “I’ll give you £1 if you suck my d***”.
The jury returned a not guilty verdict on five counts of sexual assault, one relating to the same girl and four in relation to a 12-year-old boy.
After more than 12 hours of deliberation the jury were unable to reach a verdict on one count of sexual assault relating to a “d*** slapping” incident between December 2010 and April 2012 on the same boy.
The Crown Prosecution Service has until Thursday, April 30, to decide whether to hold a retrial.
Seymour whose current address is Bullingdon Prison will appear at Reading Crown Court on Tuesday, May 5, either for sentencing or a preliminary hearing ahead of the retrial.
Man banned from West Berkshire villages after sending sex texts to 12 yr old schoolgirl
A REMORSELESS sex offender grinned at the mother of his 12-year-old victim before swaggering from court to start a three year jail sentence.
Tattooed Victor Seymour walked to the edge of the dock and smirked at the woman in the public gallery as he left the courtroom last Thursday – leaving her shaking her head in disbelief.
Reading Crown Court heard how, between March 3-4 last year, the 31-year-old sent the girl a series of explicit text messages suggesting that she wanted to perform a sex act on him and threatening to rip off her knickers.
He was arrested after the girl, who lived in a West Berkshire village, told people at her school about the abuse.
Handing Seymour a restraining order and a sexual offences prevention order, Judge Peter Ross said: “They began being of an abusive or some might say bantering nature, although the banter was highly questionable. But it became clearer as the exchanges went on, they began by disguising sexual content which then became very explicit. The offending was of short duration but extremely persistent during that period.”
The court heard how Seymour, who was on bail for another crime when he sent the messages, has refused to take part in sexual awareness courses because he does not want to be labelled alongside other sex offenders.
Judge Ross said: “His attitude towards that project has reflected his attitude towards this offending generally, as a struggle on his part to accept that it does amount to sexual offending towards a child.”
Seymour initially denied the charges but after his first trial collapsed because his barrister fell ill, he pleaded guilty to one count of causing or inciting a child under 13 into sexual activity on the morning of the rescheduled trial.
Judge Ross told the court the listing of a further trial “understandably” disturbed the victim. He said: “The effect of waiting for that trial has been enormous on her, particularly combined with the nature of your offending.
“Her impact statement plays out the stress of waiting to come to court and that has led to self harm. It reflects an enormous impact upon her which will take some considerable time to recover from.”
Defending, Trudi Yeatman said Seymour had no previous convictions for sexual offences and added: “There’s no evidence of planning, no evidence of alcohol and no previous violence against her. He doesn’t have any behavioural boundaries and where he does have boundaries they are in the wrong place.”
Man admits committing sexual offence on schoolgirl
A man admitted committing a sexual offence on a schoolgirl at Reading Crown Court on Monday.
Victor Seymour, 31, admitted one count of causing or inciting a child under 13 into sexual activity.
The charge relates to an incident with a 12-year-old girl between March, 2 and March 5, last year.
Seymour, of no fixed abode, denied at an earlier hearing a charge of sexual assault on a child under 13. The Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence for this charge but asked that it lie on file.
Seymour was remanded in custody until Friday, March 28, when he is due to be sentenced.