Man had pictures of naked children on his phone
For photo of this offender – Please click this link
A man who had almost 500 photographs of naked children on his phone has been given a community-based sentence.
Colin Aikman, aged 41, from Perth, was given the non-custodial punishment after the sheriff said the pictures were “generally innocent”.
The photographs included children running across a beach or in naturist or nudist surroundings. Aikman admitted two charges relating to the possession of indecent images when he appeared at Perth Sheriff Court. Sheriff Lindsay Foulis ruled that Aikman had indirectly abused the children.
The judge placed him on a community payback order for three years and ordered him to undergo a sex offenders’ treatment programme, as well as alcohol counselling. Aikman was also ordered to carry out 125 hours unpaid work and placed on the sex offenders’ register.
A Perth man who created more than 100 indecent images of children and had hundreds more on his mobile phone has appeared at Perth Sheriff Court.
Colin Aikman, 41, of Rannoch Road, admitted creating and possessing child abuse images at his home.
Depute fiscal Carol Whyte said police had been carrying out investigations into a separate matter when they had reason to examine Aikman’s mobile phone.
The court heard the offences came to light when a number of images were found in the download folder of Aikman’s phone.
He pleaded guilty to creating 122 indecent images between December 21 2011 and January 17 2012.
Of those, 119 are considered to be at the lowest level — indecent images, but with no sexual activity — while three were more serious, involving adults and children, but not at the highest level of offence.
Aikman was also found to have 351 indecent images in the thumbnails folder of his phone, which shows all images viewed, even if they have since been deleted.
Of those, 347 were at the lowest level and four were more serious.
Sheriff Michael Fletcher adjourned the case for a report.
Aikman was granted continuation of his bail until his next court appearance, which will be on August 19.