Convicted paedophile admits downloading indecent images of children
A convicted paedophile admitted downloading and distributing indecent images of children.
Nicholas Charles Walker, formerly of Maes Llewelyn, Aberffraw, Anglesey pleaded guilty to three charges of downloading six still and moving images of children.
Walker, 49, who appeared from custody as he is currently serving a prison sentence for breaching a court order, is said to have downloaded the images at Aberffraw last August.
Magistrates at Caernarfon declined jurisdiction noting their sentencing powers were insufficient and ordered Walker to appear for sentence before a Crown Court judge.
He was remanded in custody until that hearing.
Walker will appear at Caernarfon Crown Court on June 1.
He was sent back to prison in October last year for deleting his internet browsing history.
Walker, who once posed as a teenage girl online breached a sexual offences prevention order for the third time when he deleted his history – a key element of the order imposed in September 2012.
He was jailed for 20 months by Mr Recorder Peter Rouch QC at Caernarfon Crown Court on October 13 last year.
Anglesey man locked up for deleting online browsing history
A paedophile who once posed as a teenage girl online has been sent back to prison for deleting his internet browsing history.
Nicholas Charles Walker breached a sexual offences prevention order for the third time when he deleted his history – a key element of the order imposed in September 2012 – and he was jailed for 20 months by Mr Recorder Peter Rouch QC at Caernarfon Crown Court today.
The 48-year-old, of Maes Llewelyn, Aberffraw, had admitted the breach at LLandudno magistrates court and appeared from custody for sentence.
Prosecutor Kim Halsall told the court that Walker was required to make available all devices capable of accessing the internet on request by police officers.
During a police visit to Walker’s home last month, he produced a laptop and a mobile phone.
“A cursory inspection of the laptop showed just one Google search had been made and the item was seized,” said Ms Halsall.
“The police hi-tech unit found the internet history had been deleted, a breach of the order.
“The examination also found other devices had been plugged in and folders labelled ‘boys’ had been accessed.”
Quizzed by police, Walker said he had been loaned two memory sticks containing indecent images of children.
Ms Halsall said inquiries were ongoing and further charges may be brought against Walker and another man in due course.
The court heard he had breached the order on two previous occasions and Dafydd Roberts, defending, said Walker accepted he faced an immediate jail sentence.
He said the breach was “unsophisticated”.
“It was deliberate but not the most serious,” said Mr Roberts.
“It was a very crude attempt to delete the internet history and one that was very easy to detect.”
In 2012, Walker posed on Facebook as “Vicky from Manchester”, a 19-year-old girl, and tricked a 17-year-old boy into a sexual act on a webcam.
He later pleaded guilty to making a threat to kill and making and possessing internet child porn, and was made the subject of the sexual offences prevention order and told to register as a sex offender for 10 years.
He was also handed a suspended jail term.
Six months later, a judge activated the suspended sentence after staff at Plas y Wern hostel in Ruabon, where Walker was living at the time, became suspicious and police found he had deleted the internet history on his mobile phone.
He admitted deleting the web browser history on his laptop and downloading more indecent images of children when he appeared before a judge in June last year.
Experts found software had been installed which anonymised his internet searches and deleted the browsing history.
On that occasion, he was jailed for two years.
Pervert breaches internet child images ban for THIRD time
A pervert has admitted breaching an order slapped on him to stop him using the internet to find indecent images of children.
Nicholas Walker, 48, was remanded in custody by magistrates in Llandudno on Friday.
He had been under a sexual offences prevention order (SOPO) since his release from prison. He was jailed in 2016 for downloading indecent images of young boys.
Walker, of Maes Llewelyn, Aberffraw , had a folder on his computer called “Boys”.
He had also breached his order by deleting his internet search history, and hiding electronic equipment from police.
When he was jailed in July 2016, it was for the second breach of his order .
The judge at Caernarfon crown court told him at the time: “Despite attempts to curb your interests you have continued with your pursuit of indecent images.”
In 2012, Walker posed on Facebook as ‘Vicky from Manchester’, and tricked a 17-year-old boy into performing a sex act on a webcam.
He later pleaded guilty to making a threat to kill, and making and possessing indecent images of children, and was made the subject of the sexual offences prevention order he has since breached three times.
He was also told to register as a sex offender for 10 years and handed a suspended jail term.
Six months later a judge activated the suspended sentence after staff at the Plas y Wern hostel in Ruabon, where Walker was living at the time, became suspicious and police found he had deleted the internet history on his mobile phone.
25-stone North Wales man who posed as teenage girl on facebook now jailed
A 25-STONE man in his 40s who received a suspended sentence last year after he posed as a teenage girl on Facebook has now been jailed.
Nicholas Charles Walker was sentenced to 11 months in custody for accessing adult porn sites, in breach of a sexual offences prevention order (SOPO) imposed last September.
Walker had been staying at the bail hostel at Ruabon near Wrexham, because of an outcry in his home village of Aberffraw on Anglesey after the original offences became known.
But staff at the Plas y Wern hostel found his behaviour suspicious and called North Wales Police who found he had deleted the internet history on his mobile phone, said prosecuting barrister Simon Rogers at Mold Crown Court
Walker admitted breaching the order in February of this year and said that he had been on adult porn sites.
Judge Rhys Rowlands, said that he would be sentenced on that basis although he was sceptical.
If he had been on entirely legal sites then there would have been no need to delete the history, the judge said.
Walker had received a 50-week jail term suspended for two years after he admitted downloading indecent images of children from the internet, and making a threat to kill a 17-year-old boy who he met on Facebook posing as a teenage girl and persuaded him to perform a sexual act on a webcam.
Judge Rowlands said the defendant, said to be obsessed with images of children and those of young adult males, would have to serve nine months of the original 50 week suspended sentence – with an additional two months for breaching the SOPO.
“There are very real concerns about you and the risk you pose,” the judge said
North Wales pervert posed as teenage girl on Facebook
A MAN who posed on Facebook as an attractive 19-year-old girl turned out to be 43-year-old pervert who then threatened to kill his victim.
Nicholas Charles Walker tricked a teenage boy into performing a sexual act on a webcam after posing as “Vicky from Manchester” on the social networking website.
Yesterday Walker, of Min y Mor, Aberffraw, Anglesey, admitted downloading indecent images of children from the internet and was handed a 50-week jail term suspended for two years. He also admitted a charge of making threats to kill.
Prosecutor Matthew Dunford said the boy was threatened by Walker, who sent him a series of messages via Facebook.
In one he warned the youth: “Watch your back, I am going to stab you up proper.”
In another he said he would “watch his blood run” and added he hoped he “had made a will”.
Mr Dunford said Walker began contacting the youth in June last year. “A series of messages were exchanged and these became sexual in nature.,” he said. “They continued until the youth was told the girl was in fact the defendant who is a 43-year-old man.
“Late on October 25 last year the youth logged onto his Facebook page and found three messages from ‘Vicky’. These contained threats which the youth took seriously and the police were called.
“Officers went to the defendant’s address and he was arrested. In the course of inquiries it was found the e-mail address used by Walker had been used to download indecent images of children.
“In all 883 images were found but there was no evidence of distribution,” the barrister said.
In February Walker was visited again by officers and they seized more computer equipment.
“An investigation found he had downloaded a further 566 images while he was under investigation,” Mr Dunford added.
Walker will be supervised for two years and must attend a community sex offenders’ group. He must register as a sex offender for 10 years. A sexual offences prevention order was also made.
Defence barrister Paulinus Barnes said Walker had struggled with his sexuality. Judge Peter Heywood said the youth had been upset when he found out that he’d been deceived.